MORE STUPID IDEAS THAT CHANGED THE WORLD
MORE STRANGE BUT TRUE…
AND EVEN MORE USELESS FACTS AND FIGURES!
102. Honolulu is the only place in the United States that has a royal palace!
103. One gallon of used motor oil can ruin approximately one million gallons of fresh water!
104. More money is spent on gardening than on any other hobby!
105. In 32 years there are about 1 billion seconds!
106. Rice paper does not have any rice in it!
107. Baby robins eat 14 feet of earthworms every day!
108. In England, in the 1880’s, “Pants” was considered a dirty word!
109. Most dust particles in your house are made from dead skin!
110. The average person laughs 13 times a day!
111. Men are 6 times more likely to be struck by lightning than women!
112. It is estimated that millions of trees in the world are accidentally planted by squirrels who bury nuts and then forget where they hid them!
113. Ernest Vincent Wright wrote a novel, “Gadsby”, which contains over 50,000 words — none of them with the letter E!
114. Of all the words in the English language, the word set has the most definitions!
115. A toothpick is the object most often choked on by Americans!
116. Every 45 seconds, a house catches on fire in the United States!
117. Nose prints are used to identify dogs, just like humans use fingerprints!
118. The most used letter in the English alphabet is ‘E’, and ‘Q’ is the least used!
119. There are more than 50,000 earthquakes throughout the world every year!
120. The original name for the butterfly was ‘flutterby’!
121. Dogs and cats, like humans, are either right or left handed… or is that paws?!
122. The opposite sides of a dice cube always add up to seven
123. Bulls are colorblind, therefore will usually charge at a matador’s waving cape no matter what color it is — be it red or neon yellow!
124. Apples are more efficient than caffeine in keeping people awake in the mornings!
125. Smelling bananas and/or green apples (smelling, not eating) can help you lose weight!
126. A hard working adult sweats up to 4 gallons per day. Most of the sweat evaporates before a person realizes it’s there, though!
127. The average ice berg weighs 20,000,000 tons!
128. The poison-arrow frog has enough poison to kill about 2,200 people!
129. A lump of pure gold the size of a matchbox can be flattened into a sheet the size of a tennis court!
130. After eating, a housefly regurgitates its food and then eats it again!
131. In Texas, it’s against the law for anyone to have a pair of pliers in his or her possession.
132. In Philadelphia, you can’t put pretzels in bags based on an Act of 1760.
133. Alaska law says that you can’t look at a moose from an airplane.
134. In Corpus Christie, Texas, it is illegal to raise alligators in your home.
135. In Miami, it is forbidden to imitate an animal.
136. It is against the law to mispronounce the name of the State of Arkansas in that State.
137. In Illinois, the law is that a car must be driven with the steering wheel.
138. California law prohibits a woman from driving a car while dressed in a housecoat.
139. In Memphis, Tennessee, a woman is not to drive a car unless a man warns approaching motorists or pedestrians by walking in front of the car that is being driven.
140. In Tennessee, it is against the law to drive a car while sleeping.
141. In New York, it is against the law for a blind person to drive an automobile.
142. In West Virginia, only babies can ride in a baby carriage.
143. In Georgia, it is against the law to slap a man on the back or front.
144. A barber is not to advertise prices in the State of Georgia.
145. In Louisiana, a bill was introduced years ago in the State House of Representatives that fixed a ceiling on haircuts for bald men of 25 cents.
146. In Oklahoma, no baseball team can hit the ball over the fence or out of a ballpark.
147. In Rochester, Michigan, the law is that anyone bathing in public must have the bathing suit inspected by a police officer !
148. In Kentucky, it’s the law that a person must take a bath once a year.
149. In Utah, birds have the right of way on any public highway.
150. In Ohio, one must have a license to keep a bear.
151. In Tennessee, a law exists which prohibits the sale of bologna (sandwich meat) on Sunday.
152. In Virginia, the Code of 1930 has a statute which prohibits corrupt practices or bribery by any person other than political candidates.
153. In Providence, Rhode Island, it is against the law to jump off a bridge.
154. In the State of Kansas, you’re not allowed to drive a buffalo through a street.
155. In Florida, it is against the law to put livestock on a school bus.
156. In New Jersey, cabbage can’t be sold on Sunday.
157. In Galveston, Texas, it is illegal to have a camel run loose in the street!
158. In North Carolina, it is against the law for dogs and cats to fight.
159. In Singapore, it is illegal to chew gum.
160. In Cleveland, Ohio, it is unlawful to leave chewing gum in public places.
161. In Virginia, chickens cannot lay eggs before 8:00 a.m., and must be done before 4:00 p.m.
162. In New York, it is against the law for children to pick up or collect cigarette and cigar butts.
163. In Massachusetts, it is against the law to put tomatoes in clam chowder.
164. In Washington State, you can’t carry a concealed weapon that is over 6 feet in length.
165. In San Francisco, there is an ordinance, which bans the picking up and throwing of used confetti.
166. In Kentucky, it is illegal for a merchant to force a person into his place of business for the purpose of making a sale.
167. It is against the law in Connecticut for a man to write love letters to a girl whose mother or father has forbidden the relationship.
168. In Michigan, married couples must live together or be imprisoned.
169. In the state of Colorado, a pet cat, if loose, must have a tail-light.
170. In Phoenix, Arizona, you can’t walk through a hotel lobby with spurs on.
171. In California, a law created in 1925 makes it illegal to wiggle while dancing.
172. In Utah, daylight must be visible between dancing couples.
173. In Michigan, it is against the law for a lady to lift her skirt more than 6 inches while walking through a mud puddle.
174. In North Carolina, it is against the law for a rabbit to race down the street.
175. In Georgia, it’s against the law to spread a false rumor.
176. In West Virginia, one can’t cook sauerkraut or cabbage due to the odors and the offence is subject to imprisonment.
177. In Missouri, a man must have a permit to shave.
178. The law states that more than 3000 sheep cannot be herded down Hollywood Blvd. at any one time.
179. In Texas, it is still a “hanging offense” to steal cattle.
180. Each weekend, about 54 million Americans mow their lawns, using 800 million gallons of gas per year.